The information we collect
Personal information: is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
Purchases, enquiries and referrals: When you purchase a product from us, make an enquiry with us, or request a referral from us, the types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- the business you work for and your job title;
- the industry you work in;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address, telephone number and/or fax number;
- details of the products you are purchasing, enquiring about or requesting a referral for, and our response to you;
- your credit card or other payment details when you make a purchase (through our third party payment processor);
- if you are making an enquiry, your areas of interest and any free form text you choose to enter;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us, including through feedback surveys or comments you provide about our services;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated applications and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
As a user of our website:
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour; and
- information about your access and use of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Sensitive information: is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
We do not actively request sensitive information about you. If at any time we need to collect sensitive information about you, unless otherwise permitted by law, we will first obtain your consent and we will only use it as required or authorised by law.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you contact us via our website, email or telephone, when you enter into discussions with us about our products and Services, when you place an order, and when you create a login for our online based Services.
- Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone and in your online enquiries.
Collection and use of personal information
Personal information: We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to understand your requirements and suggest products and/or installation referrals for you;
- to enable you to access and use our online Services, including to allow you to use our website and create an account on our sales websites;
- to allow you to place an order and to deliver your order to you;
- to contact and communicate with you about our Services, including to respond to your enquires;
- to enable you to access and use our associated applications and third party sites and applications which may interface or interoperate with our Services;
- for our internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and employee and business development, including to operate and improve our Services, and any associated applications;
- to offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our and our group companies’ products and services and other information that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
- if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application; and
- if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, to us, including (without limitation) our customer relationship management software, delivery providers, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- third party installation providers (with your consent);
- our employees, contractors and/or group companies;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for products or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics (To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time) or other relevant analytics businesses; and
- any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
Overseas disclosure: We store the personal information we collect and hold in Europe. Where we disclose your personal information to the third parties listed above, these third parties may also store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia.
We will only disclose your personal information to countries with laws which protect your personal information in a way which is substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles or we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to require that third parties located overseas protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. If you are unhappy with our response, you also have the right to escalate your complaint by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our online Services.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Address: PO Box 244, Cannon Hill, Queensland 4170 Australia
Email: [email protected]
Last update: 15 February 2021
USE OF SOCIAL PLUGINS
Our websites use the social share function (“plugins”) from the social network Facebook.com which is operated by Facebook Inc., Palo Alto, USA (“Facebook”). The plugins are identified by a Facebook logo.
If you access our websites, these will initially be deactivated. The plugins are only activated once you press the button provided. This activation establishes a link to Facebook and declares your consent with regard to your data being transmitted to Facebook. If you are logged into Facebook, Facebook can associate the visit with your account. If you press the respective button, the corresponding information is transmitted directly to Facebook by your browser and processed there.
For information about the scope and purpose of data collection, the further processing and use of the data by Facebook, as well as your rights and the settings that you can configure to protect your privacy, please refer to the Facebook Data Protection Notice [Link].
If you do not want Facebook to collect data about you via our website, you have to log out of Facebook before visiting our site.
Our website integrates plugins of the social network LinkedIn of LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter referred to as "LinkedIn"). You can recogniSe the LinkedIn Plugins by the LinkedIn logo on our site (white "in" on blue background). To prevent unwanted data transfer, the plugins on this website are deactivated by default. By clicking on the respective symbol the plugin is activated and data can be transferred to the provider. Activating the plugin establishes a connection between your browser and LinkedIn's server. The plugins can of course be deactivated at any time.
When the plugin is activated, LinkedIn receives information such as your IP address, a message that you have visited our site and other browser-related information. If you click the LinkedIn button ("Share Button") while logged into your LinkedIn account, you can link the contents of our pages on your LinkedIn profile. This allows LinkedIn to associate the visit to our pages with your user account. We would like to point out that we, as the provider of the pages, are not aware of the content of the transmitted data or its use by LinkedIn. Details on data collection (purpose, scope, further processing, use) as well as your rights and setting options can be found in LinkedIn's data protection information. This information is available at http://www.linkedin.com/static?key=privacy_policy&trk=hb_ft_priv.
Our website uses the YouTube video platform, which is operated by YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave. San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. YouTube is a platform that enables the playback of audio and video files.
When you access a page on our website, the integrated YouTube player establishes a connection to YouTube in order to ensure the technical transmission of the video or audio file. When the connection to YouTube is established, data is transferred to YouTube.
For information about the scope and purpose of data collection, the further processing and use of the data by YouTube, as well as your rights and the settings that you can configure to protect your privacy, please refer to the YouTube Data Protection Notice.
Use of the “MailChimp” Shipping Provider
The newsletter is sent by means of “MailChimp”, a newsletter shipment platform operated by the American provider known as Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA.
The e-mail addresses of our newsletter recipients, as well as their other data described within the scope of this information, is stored on MailChimp servers in the USA. MailChimp uses this information to dispatch and analyse the newsletters on our behalf. Furthermore, according to MailChimp, this data can be used to optimise or improve their own services, e.g. the technical optimisation of the dispatch and presentation of the newsletter, or for economic purposes in order to determine which countries the recipients come from. However, MailChimp does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to personally contact them or pass on their information third parties.
We trust in MailChimps reliability, IT and data security. MailChimp is certified under the US-EU “Privacy Shield” agreement and thereby obliged to abide by the EU data protection requirements. Furthermore, we have concluded a “Data-Processing-Agreement” with MailChimp. In this agreement MailChimp commits to protect the data of our users, process the data only according to data privacy regulations on our behalf and not to pass it on to any third parties. You can view the MailChimp data protection policy here.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files which are stored on your computer and permit the analysis of your use of the website. The information on your use of this website (including your IP address) gathered by the cookie is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is enabled on this website, your IP address is previously abbreviated by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the United States and abbreviated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them with other services relating to website use and Internet usage. The IP address transferred by your browser during the use of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
Not Authorising Google Analytics
You can also enable, disable and/or delete cookies as you wish. You can delete all cookies that are already on your device and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed.
You can easily opt-out and prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics. This can be done by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. Alternatively, you can always adjust the corresponding settings in your browser software to prevent the use of Google Analytics cookies.
Knauf Insulation Newsletter
You can subscribe to our newsletter on our website. In this context, the personal data you provided will only be processed by us for this purpose. The Knauf Insulation newsletter will provide you with information about our different activities and updates. You can revoke your consent by writing to Knauf Insulation Pty Ltd at any time with effect for the future by emailing [email protected].