SIMPLIFYING THERMAL BRIDGING CALCULATIONS
The impact of thermal bridging on the thermal performance of wall, roof and floor systems has been a long ignored issue in Australia (despite being considered around the world since the 1990s).
Historically, thermal calculations were done to a linear approach (R-value product 1 + R-value product 2 + R-value product 3 etc.), which is quite simple.
The NCC 2019 Section J now references AS/NZS 4859.2, which is the new standard that focuses on in-service performance of insulation. The standard also references NZS 4214 for thermal bridging, which outlines the requirements for calculating to isothermal planes pathways.
The whitepaper will help you understand the requirements relating to thermal bridging and how the right calculator can give you an efficient pathway to compliance.
Despite thermal bridging calculations being highly technical, Knauf Insulation has developed a FREE thermal calculator, Kompli™ that provides a written assessment of systems to demonstrate compliance with thermal bridging requirements of the NCC 2019.
Complete the form below to access the whitepaper:
FREE THERMAL CALCULATOR
- Simplifies a complex calculation
- Complies with the most recent NCC 2019 update
- Calculates system R-value performance with thermal bridging impacts
THERMAL BRIDGING CPD
- Understand thermal bridging requirements of the NCC 2019
- Know the minimum R-values for Building Classes 2-9c in each climate zone
- How to calculate roof, wall & floor systems with thermal bridging impact