Earthwool Underfloor Insulation Batts
The Earthwool® Underfloor Insulation Batt range is a new generation of softer, safer and more environmentally friendly glasswool insulation.
Advanced compression packaging reduces handling time and the risk of damage in transit and on-site.
The product is specifically designed for overhead installation in tight crawl spaces.
Earthwool Underfloor Insulation Batts are available at your local Bunnings Warehouse.
If you're installing Earthwool yourself then don't forget to check out our DIY Safety Instructions and Precautions before you start.
Earthwool Underfloor Insulation Batts provide a cost-effective thermal and acoustic barrier for energy-efficient construction. The consistent quality, low dust, and clean-cutting resilient fibres make fabrication easy and installation fast. Earthwool Batts can be used in timber and metal frame applications in residential structures. These applications include thermal and acoustic treatments to floors.
Knauf Insulation offers Earthwool in a wide range of sizes and R-values. Earthwool insulation can be used for cavity walls, floors, ceilings, attics, basements and crawlspaces. It is highly resilient, recovering quickly to full thickness. It also greatly reduces the transmission of noise in the home.
• AS/NZS 4859.1: 2002 Materials used in the Thermal Insulation of Buildings and
comply with the Building Code of Australia (BCA) requirements.
• ASTM C 518
• ASTM C 653
Glasswool insulation fibres have been tested in laboratory studies according to EC protocols ECB/TM27 REV. 7, 1998 and shown to be bio-soluble. KNS3 fibres comply with the short term biopersistence test and fulfil the requirements of Australian and international authorities on bio-solubility.
Water Vapour Absorption (ASTM C 1104)
• Less than 5% by weight.
Corrosion Resistance (ASTM C 665)
• No greater than sterile cotton.
Microbial Growth (ASTM C 1338)
• Does not support microbial growth.
Fire Resistance (ASTM E 136)
Earthwool Underfloor Insulation Batts are free from CFCs, HCFCs and any other material with ozone depletion potential in its manufacture and content and represents no known threat to the environment.
Earthwool Underfloor Insulation Batts’ manufacture has a low impact on the environment and is classified as Zero ODP and Zero GWP.
Knauf Insulation mineral wool products with ECOSE Technology benefit from a revolutionary, bio-based, formaldehyde-free binder technology, based on rapidly renewable materials, instead of petro-based chemicals. It reduces embodied energy and delivers superior environmental sustainability.
The technology has been developed for Knauf Insulation's glass and rock mineral wool products, enhancing their environmental credentials without affecting the thermal, acoustic or fire performance. Insulation products made with ECOSE Technology contain no dye or artificial colours - the colour is completely natural
- Preferred by professional installers concerned with quality, appearance and productivity.
- Excellent acoustical properties reduce sound transmission in the home when properly installed in walls, ceiling and floor systems.
- Earthwool Underfloor Insulation Batts are odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, do not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.
- Highly resilient insulation recovers quickly to full thickness for a snug fit and superior finished aesthetics.
- Consistent quality materials feel good, cut easily and install fast.
- Low dust for easier handling and increased productivity.
Convenient Packaging, Easier Handling
- Earthwool Underfloor Insulation Batts are packaged in a strong, white poly bag that offers excellent protection from abuse, dust and moisture.
- Earthwool Underfloor Insulation Batt packages feature easy to follow installation instructions.
- MasterBag batt units (containing multiple packs) ensure reduced handling costs with improved compression – more square metres per bag, more square metres per truck load, fewer trips to the job site and less warehouse space for storage.
Superior Service and Support
- Knauf Insulation is totally focused on providing first class customer service, producing high quality product and ‘on time in full’ deliveries.
- Knauf Insulation recognises the need to establish, develop and support a professional network of distributors and re-sellers in order to service a growing insulation market.
- Knauf Insulation is committed to providing a comprehensive range of relevant literature and web-based technical information to support specifiers and consumers.
Earthwool Underfloor Insulation Batts
|E-Code||R-Value||Thickness (mm)||Width (mm)||Length (mm)||m²/ Pack||$/m²|
Pricing is GST Exclusive.