Earthwool DIY Multi-Use Roll
Earthwool® DIY Multi-Use Insulation Roll is a new generation of softer, safer and more environmentally friendly glasswool insulation specifically designed for DIY installation.
Advanced compression packaging reduces handling time and the risk of damage in transit and on-site.
The packaging is conveniently sized to be easily transportable and its 90mm thickness enables use in walls or for top-up insulation in ceilings.
Earthwool DIY Multi-Use Insulation Rolls are available at your local Bunnings Warehouse.
If you're installing Earthwool yourself then don't forget to check out our DIY Safety Instructions and Precautions before you start.
Earthwool DIY Multi-Use Insulation Rolls provide a cost-effective thermal and acoustic barrier for energy-efficient construction. The consistent quality, low dust, and clean-cutting resilient glasswool make fabrication easy and installation fast. Earthwool insulation can be used in timber and metal frame applications in residential structures.
These applications include thermal and acoustic treatments to walls, ceilings and floors. Knauf Insulation offers Earthwool in a wide range of sizes and R-values. Earthwool insulation can be used for cavity walls, floors, ceilings, attics, basements and crawlspaces. It is highly resilient, recovering quickly to full thickness. It also greatly reduces the transmission of noise in the home.
• AS/NZS 4859.1: 2002 Materials used in the Thermal Insulation of Buildings and comply with the Building Code of Australia (BCA) requirements.
• ASTM C 518
• ASTM C 653
The formulation used for Earthwool insulation has been independently assessed to meet the requirements of the stringent Note Q standard (and is therefore consistent with the highest Australian and New Zealand industry standards), and also assessed by Knauf Insulation against the criteria of the Australian Safety and Compensation Council ASCC Approved Criteria for Classifying Hazardous Substances [NOHSC: 1008 3rd Edition]. As a result of this assessment, Earthwool insulation is not classified as hazardous according to the NOHSC criteria.
Water Vapour Absorption (ASTM C 1104)
• Less than 5% by weight.
Corrosion Resistance (ASTM C 665)
• No greater than sterile cotton.
Microbial Growth (ASTM C 1338)
• Does not support microbial growth.
Fire Resistance (ASTM E 136)
Earthwool Multi-Use rolls are free from CFCs, HCFCs and any other material with ozone depletion potential in its manufacture and content and represents no known threat to the environment.
Earthwool Multi-Use roll manufacture have a low impact on the environment and is classified as Zero ODP and Zero GWP.
Knauf Insulation mineral wool products with ECOSE Technology benefit from a revolutionary, bio-based, formaldehyde-free binder technology, based on rapidly renewable materials, instead of petro-based chemicals. It reduces embodied energy and delivers superior environmental sustainability.
The technology has been developed for Knauf Insulation's glass and rock mineral wool products, enhancing their environmental credentials without affecting the thermal, acoustic or fire performance. Insulation products made with ECOSE Technology contain no dye or artificial colours - the colour is completely natural.
Download the ECOSE Technology information booklet here.
- Preferred by professional installers concerned with quality, appearance and productivity.
- Excellent acoustical properties reduce sound transmission in the home when properly installed in walls, ceiling and floor systems.
- Earthwool DIY Multi-Use Insulation Rolls are odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, do not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.
- Highly resilient insulation recovers quickly to full thickness for a snug fit and superior finished aesthetics.
- Consistent quality materials feel good, cut easily and install fast.
- Low dust for easier handling and increased productivity.
Convenient Packaging, Easier Handling
- Earthwool DIY Multi-Use Insulation Rolls are packaged in a strong, white poly bag that offers excellent protection from abuse, dust and moisture.
- Earthwool DIY Multi-Use Insulation Rolls packages feature easy to follow installation instructions.
- MasterBag units (containing multiple packs) ensure reduced handling costs with improved compression – more square metres per bag, more square metres per truck load, fewer trips to the job site and less warehouse space for storage.
Superior Service and Support
- Knauf Insulation is totally focused on providing first class customer service, producing high quality product and ‘on time in full’ deliveries.
- Knauf Insulation recognises the need to establish, develop and support a professional network of distributors and re-sellers in order to service a growing insulation market.
- Knauf Insulation is committed to providing a comprehensive range of relevant literature and web-based technical information to support specifiers and consumers.
|E-Code||R-Value||Thickness (mm)||Width (mm)||Length (mm)||m²/ Pack||$/m²|
Pricing is GST Exclusive.